Monday 23 January 2012

HCT: Personal Research on Title Design.
  • When doing some personal research on the history of title design I came across the video shown below. The video shows various names of title designers that are accompanied by small amounts of themes and techniques that each designer is notorious for in their work.
  • One of the names I recognised was Kyle Cooper- a modern designer of motion picture title sequences, Cooper used his personal style when creating the title sequence for Se7en which I have studied and liked very much. Kyle's use of macro shots and fast cutting rate are shown in this sequence and also in other areas of his work. His demo reel shows his style fantastically:
 
  • Cooper has a very intruiging way of representing the image he is trying to convey. The fast cutting rate he uses ads a certain element of excitement and I believe my group could take inspiration from his techniques when designing our opening to convey a climax to a section of suspense

1 comment:

  1. JP: I had a look at this and recognised one of the styles used, that of Stephen Frankfurt, and i did some research of my own and it turns out he was the man who designed and created the title sequence for "To Kill a Mockingbird", which is a great sequence., and his methods could possibly be inspirational towards ours. I also found this website whilst watching the title sequence:
    http://www.artofthetitle.com/

    ReplyDelete